Founded in 1931, Music Library Association (MLA) is the professional organization in the United States devoted to music librarianship and all aspects of music materials in libraries. MLA provides a professional forum for librarians, archivists, and others who support and preserve the world's musical heritage.
- About the Author
Buy all three volumes as a set and save!
You will automatically receive each volume as it becomes available when you purchase this set.
Prepared by the Music Library Association, with thousands of records selected by experts in dozens of specialized and popular areas of music, the fourth edition of A Basic Music Library constitutes the most authoritative music collection resource available. This specially-priced set includes all three volumes:
Volume 1: Popular Music
- Music of Colonial North America and the United States to about 1900
- Mainstream Popular and New Age
- Country and Western
- Rhythm and Blues and Soul
- Rap and Hip-Hop
- Gospel Music and Other Popular Christian Music
- Children’s Music
- Holidays, Special Occasions, Patriotic Music, and Miscellaneous
- Folk and Traditional Music of North America
- Traditional and Popular Music of the Americas and the Caribbean
- Music of Asia and Oceania
- Music of Northern Africa, the Middle East, and Central Asia
- Music of Sub-Saharan Africa
- Music of Europe
- International Anthologies
- Orchestral Music
- Film Music
- Band Music
- Musical Theater
- Solo Voice
- Choral Music
- Classical Music Anthologies
"As the most authoritative music collection resource available, these three volumes are revised on a regular basis and are geared towards librarians without a music background who often work in public and small academic libraries. Given that it is a compilation by members of the Music Library Association, many of whom are the world experts in their subject area, these volumes are a great investment for any libraries wanting to build up their music score and sound recording collections."
— Reference Reviews