Editor for YALSA.
YALSA's Top Reads: STEM and Making — eEditions e-book
The download link for this product can be found on the final confirmation screen after you complete your purchase, and may also be accessed from your Account Profile. For more information about ALA eEditions file types and how to view them on eReaders, desktop computers, and other devices, see this page.
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
YALSA's Top Reads digital publication features a collection of YALSA's best articles and resources on two of the hottest topics in the library field – STEM and Making. Whether you're just dipping your toes into STEM and Making or are a seasoned pro, this publication provides a wealth of practical expertise guaranteed to help you develop, elevate, and evaluate STEM and making programming in your library.
- STEM vs. STEAM
- Creating STEM-Based Programs in Your Library
- STEM in Informal Learning Settings
- How to Bring Digital Literacy to Your Library
- Equity in Out-of-School STEM Learning: A Reflection
- Make, Do, Share: Sustainable STEM Leadership in a Box
Making and Makerspaces
- Makerspaces: The Utopian Learning Environment for Teens
- Bringing Makerspaces to Teens
- Making on a Shoestring
- Budget-Friendly Technology for YA Programming
- Post-Emergent Library Makerspaces: SLAMS, a Path Forward
- CLOUD901 — A Digital Learning Lab Exclusively for Teens
- Create It! Camp
- Robot Extravaganza
Teens, Technology, and Tinkering: Case Studies of Teen Space Creation
- Making, Literacy, and College Career Readiness
- Libraries and Tinkering Spaces
- Do Space: Providing Access to Technology for Teens and Community
- A Teen Space Made for Career Prep
- Berwick Innovation: A School Librarian’s Role Reimagined!
- Research on Collaboration with Teens
- Designing the Library of the Future for and with Teens
- Competencies Needed to Provide Teen Library Services of the Future
Supplemental YALSA Resources