Blanche Woolls is the Director and Professor Emerita of the School of Library and Information Science at San Jose State University. She has been an elementary school librarian and a district level coordinator of school libraries before managing the school library credential program at the University of Pittsburgh. Her articles have appeared in publications such as School Library Journal, Knowledge Quest, and School Library Monthly. Her books include The School Library Media Manager, currently in its third edition.
The Whole School Library Handbook 2--print/PDF e-book Bundle
This specially priced bundle includes a print copy for desk reference along with the e-book version. The download link for this product can be found on the final confirmation screen after you complete your purchase, and may also be accessed from your Account Profile; the print copy will be shipped to you. For more information about ALA eEditions file types and how to view them on eReaders, desktop computers, and other devices, see this page.
- Table of Contents
- About the Authors
This new edition of an ALA bestseller remains an indispensable all-in-one resource for everything related to the school library media center. Articles from dozens of respected authors and experts, culled from popular journals such as Knowledge Quest and School Library Journal, cover everything of interest to the contemporary school librarian, including
- Professional development and career guidance
- Information on collection development and school library resources such as books, periodicals, e-mail discussion groups, databases, websites, and more
- Programming, partnering, promoting, and collaborating for student success
- Innovative ways to use technology like social networking and e-books in service of education
- Tips for analyzing and strengthening ongoing programs
- Building and maintaining healthy relationships with stakeholders
Covering a wide range of important information in one handy volume, this stimulating handbook is a must-have for every school librarian.