Aaron W. Dobbs is systems and electronic resources librarian and assistant professor at Shippensburg University of Pennsylvania. He received his master's degree in management from Austin Peay State University and his MSLS from the University of Tennessee. Dobbs is heavily involved in the American Library Association as councilor-at-large on the ALA Council, chair of the ALA Website Advisory Committee, and as an ACRL legislative advocate. His current professional interest is in creating student-centered library websites, particularly with LibGuides.
Using LibGuides to Enhance Library Services: A LITA Guide--print/PDF e-book Bundle
This specially priced bundle includes a print copy for desk reference along with the e-book version. The download link for this product can be found on the final confirmation screen after you complete your purchase, and may also be accessed from your Account Profile; the print copy will be shipped to you. For more information about ALA eEditions file types and how to view them on eReaders, desktop computers, and other devices, see this page.
- Table of Contents
- About the Authors
- Learning from the best—a showcase of 28 LibGuides with exceptional design and pedagogy
- Collaborating with faculty to embed LibGuides in course management systems
- Creating a customized look to your LibGuides with design flair and enhanced functionality
- Getting ready for smart-phone users with a plan for the mobile web
- Setting up Google Analytics on a LibGuide site
- Teaching with LibGuides
"Although there have been many journal articles and conference papers written about LibGuides, this is the first attempt to pull this information together in a published volume. This is a readable and accessible guide and one I would particularly recommend to academic librarians."
— Australian Library Journal