Dr. Milena Dobreva is a Senior Lecturer in the Library, Information and Archive Sciences Department of the Media and Knowledge Sciences Faculty at the University of Malta.
- Table of Contents
- About the Authors
- The place of user studies in digital libraries
- Explaining user-centric studies, information behavior and user experience studies
- User-study methods, including surveys, questionnaires, expert evaluation methods, eye tracking, deep log analysis, personae and ethnographic studies
- Critical issues such as evaluation of digital libraries, digital preservation, social media, the shift to mobile devices, and ethics
- How user studies function in different types of institutions, from libraries, archives, and museums to audiovisual collections and art collections
- The future of user studies
This book is ideal for anyone involved in the development, design, or support of digital library services.
"This book is a timely one...The chapters are written by highly competent researchers and professionals known in the digital libraries and user studies world. The research world meets the professionals, the mature and authoritative researchers are represented side by side with young ones just starting their career."
— Information Research
"This is a publication I can wholeheartedly recommend to academics, researchers, students and practitioners. It is solidly embedded in the theory and literature of information behaviour and user studies. However, the text should not overwhelm practitioners who wish to enter the fascinating area of user studies research in the ever-expanding world of digital libraries."
— Online Information Review