Ellyssa Kroski is Director of Information Technology at the New York Law Institute, as well as an award-winning editor and author of 35 books, including Law Librarianship in the Digital Age, for which she won the AALL’s 2014 Joseph L. Andrews Legal Literature Award. Her ten-book technology series The Tech Set won ALA’s Best Book in Library Literature Award in 2011. She is a librarian, an adjunct faculty member at Drexel and San Jose State Universities, and an international conference speaker. Her professional portfolio is located at www.ellyssakroski.com.
- About the Authors
"These books will become well-thumbed, dog-eared references for anyone charged with determining or implementing the next generation of patron services."
- Library Journal on TECH SET® #1-#10, winner of the 2011 Greenwood Publishing Group Award for the Best Book in Library Literature
Now TECH SET® series editor Ellyssa Kroski brings you the field's hottest tech gurus as they provide practical instructions and advice on everything from planning and development to marketing and metrics. Each title in the series is a one-stop passport to an emerging technology. If you're ready to start creating, collaborating, connecting, and communicating through cutting-edge tools and techniques, you'll want to get primed by the next ten books in the TECH SET®, published in collaboration with Library and Information Technology Association (LITA).
New tech skills for you spell new services for your patrons:
- Use the latest, cutting-edge technologies.
- Plan new library services for these popular applications.
- Navigate the social mechanics involved with gaining buy-in for these forward-thinking initiatives.
- Utilize the social marketing techniques used by info pros.
- Assess the benefits of these new technologies to maintain your success.
- Follow best practices already established by innovators and libraries using these technologies.
THE TECH SET® 11-20 includes:
Cloud Computing for Libraries (THE TECH SET® #11), by Marshall Breeding
Building Mobile Library Applications (THE TECH SET® #12), by Jason A. Clark
Location-Aware Services and QR Codes for Libraries (THE TECH SET® #13), by Joe Murphy
Drupal in Libraries (THE TECH SET® #14), by Kenneth J. Varnum
Strategic Planning for Social Media in Libraries (THE TECH SET® #15), by Sarah K. Steiner
Next-Gen Library Redesign (THE TECH SET® #16), by Michael Lascarides
Screencasting for Libraries (THE TECH SET® #17), by Greg R. Notess
User Experience (UX) Design for Libraries (THE TECH SET® #18), by Aaron Schmidt and Amanda Etches
IM and SMS Reference Services for Libraries (THE TECH SET® #19), by Amanda Bielskas and Kathleen M. Dreyer
Semantic Web Technologies and Social Searching for Librarians (THE TECH SET® #20), by Robin M. Fay;Michael P. Sauers