Tanya DiMaggio, Kerrie Mierop, and Maria Trivisonno are all members of the ALSC Managing Children's Services committee.
Smart Scheduling and Planning in Youth Services, Part 2 (ALSC webcast archive)—INDIVIDUAL USER
If you will be viewing alone or with one other viewer, please purchase at the individual rate. If you plan on viewing this on-demand webinar with a group of 3 or more people, please purchase at the group rate.
- Learning Outcomes
- About the Presenters
Being a manager involves tackling many projects at once, while new challenges arise on a regular basis. This can lead to overscheduling and burnout. Learn to prioritize and set limits (and look out for you) while meeting the expectations of staff, administration, and your community.
Participants will learn to:
- Create an effective staff schedule by:
- Accounting for program preparation time and effective coverage of programs.
- Effectively coordinating all calendars for a streamlined children's services plan
- Using a routine to be predictable in publishing and modifying staff schedules.
- Communicating scheduling and programming to other affected departments.
- Demonstrate that staff are valued by reflecting on and incorporating staff feedback in
- scheduling, including:
- Taking staff interests into account without overcommitting their time.
- Recognizing and being responsive to a diverse workforce.
- Creating and using policy to set expectations for schedule modifications.
- Create an effective schedule for yourself by:
- Being transparent about your own time commitments.
- Identifying and considering Passion vs. Martyrdom.
- Setting an example for work/life balance.
Please note: Your purchase at the ALA Store is only Step 1 of a 2-Step Registration process!
Upon purchase you will receive an Access Instructions PDF in the form of a digital download. The download link can be found on the final confirmation screen after you complete your purchase, and may also be accessed from your Account Profile. This PDF contains a link to the webinar recording and a password you'll need to view it. You must download this PDF and follow the instructions in order to access the webinar recording.
If you have questions or problems accessing the purchased recording, send a message to email@example.com, or call 800-545-2433 ext. 2163.
This on-demand webinar is intended for the sole use of the purchaser, whether an individual or group. Redistribution or rebroadcast to another individual or group other than the purchaser is prohibited. Thank you for your cooperation.