Diana Price, Krista Riggs, and Mike Rogolla are all members of the Managing Children's Services committee.
Smart Scheduling and Planning in Youth Services, Part 1 (ALSC webcast archive)—INDIVIDUAL USER
If you will be viewing alone or with one other viewer, please purchase at the individual rate. If you plan on viewing this on-demand webinar with a group of 3 or more people, please purchase at the group rate.
- Learning Outcomes
- About the Presenters
Being a manager involves tackling many projects at once, while new challenges arise on a regular basis. This can lead to overscheduling and burnout. Learn to prioritize and set limits (and look out for you) while meeting the expectations of staff, administration, and the community.
This webinar was organized by members of the Managing Children’s Services committee. Panelists include Diana Price, Krista Riggs, and Mike Rogalla, all members of the committee.
Participants will know . . .
- How to successfully manage your own schedule with both proactive and reactive use of time.
- How to realistically divide time among managing staff, paperwork, and projects.
- How to meet the expectations of your community, staff, and administration.
- How to identify your strengths, manage interruptions, take breaks, and avoid overscheduling and burnout.
- How to include time for professional development and training opportunities.
Participants will understand that . . .
- Not all tasks are created equal. Prioritize!
- Less can be more, and it’s okay to ask for help.
- Self-awareness of tendencies and habits is crucial to staying on track and staying energized.
- The work-life balance is a “real thing” and preparing for it improves productivity and team morale.
Participants will be able to . . .
- Be strategic and set priorities based on your organization's strategic plan, departmental goals, branch priorities, job description, and shift schedules.
- Set limits, weed out extras, communicate effectively, and be organized yet flexible.
- Plan personal yearly, quarterly, and monthly schedules that allow for flexibility while providing structure to your workload.
- Empower others by delegating and pivoting responsibility.
Please note: Your purchase at the ALA Store is only Step 1 of a 2-Step Registration process!
Upon purchase you will receive an Access Instructions PDF in the form of a digital download. The download link can be found on the final confirmation screen after you complete your purchase, and may also be accessed from your Account Profile. This PDF contains a link to the webinar recording and a password you'll need to view it. You must download this PDF and follow the instructions in order to access the webinar recording.
If you have questions or problems accessing the purchased recording, send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 800-545-2433 ext. 2163.
This on-demand webinar is intended for the sole use of the purchaser, whether an individual or group. Redistribution or rebroadcast to another individual or group other than the purchaser is prohibited. Thank you for your cooperation.