Marshall Breeding is an independent consultant, speaker, and author. He is the creator and editor of Library Technology Guides (https://librarytechnology.org) and the Libraries.org online directory of libraries. He is the editor for Smart Libraries Newsletter, published by ALA TechSource, and has authored the annual Library Systems Report, published in American Libraries since 2014. He has also edited and authored several books, articles, and book chapters; was formerly the director for innovative technology and research for the Vanderbilt University Library; and regularly teaches workshops and gives presentations both throughout the United States and internationally at library conferences.
Resource Sharing in Libraries: Concepts, Products, Technologies, and Trends--eEditions e-book
The download link for this product can be found on the final confirmation screen after you complete your purchase, and may also be accessed from your Account Profile. For more information about ALA eEditions file types and how to view them on eReaders, desktop computers, and other devices, see this page.
- About the Authors
This title is also available for purchase in a print edition
Library Technology Reports, January 2013 (49:1)
About ALA eEditions e-books
eEditions e-books include bookmarked tables of contents and indexes for easy navigation within the book, and are readable using a variety of software and devices including:
- Amazon Kindle
- Sony eReader
- iPhone’s Stanza eReader
- Adobe Digital Editions eReader
- MobiPocket eReader
This eEditions e-book is sold as a .zip file containing 3 different e-book file types:
- ePDF: .pdf file
- ePub: .epub file
- MobiPocket/Kindle: .mobi file
No eReader needed
You can read eEditions e-books on desktop computers with these free downloads:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader reads .pdf files
- Adobe Digital Editions reads .pdf and .epub files
- Bookworm reads .epub files
- Sony Reader Library reads .epub and .lrf files
- MobiPocket Reader Desktop reads .prc files
Own an iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad?
You can read eEditions e-books in .epub file format using Stanza. Detailed instructions for getting your e-books into Stanza are available here. On the iPad, .epub files can be read using the free iBooks app.
The download link for this product can be found on the final confirmation screen after you complete your purchase, and may also be accessed from your Account History. ALA eEditions downloads are designed for single users only.
Supplementing your local collection through resource sharing is a smart way to ensure your library has the resources to satisfy the needs of your users. Marshall Breeding's new Library Technology Report explores technologies and strategies for sharing resources, helping you streamline workflows and improve resource-sharing services by covering key strategies like interlibrary loan, consortial borrowing, document delivery, and shared collections. You'll also learn about such trends and services as:
- OCLC WorldCat Resource Sharing, and other systems that facilitate cooperative, reciprocal lending
- System-to-system communications that allow integrated systems to interact with resource-sharing environments
- Technical components that reliably automate patron requests, routing to suppliers with tools for tracking, reporting, and staff intervention as needed
- Specialized applications that simplify document delivery, such as Ariel, Odyssey, or OCLC's Article Exchange
- How the NISO Circulation Interchange Protocol (NCIP) can enable borrowing among consortial libraries using separate integrated library systems
- The Orbis Cascade Alliance consortium, examined using a case study