Darren Chase is Library Director and Interim Director of the Teaching, Learning & Technology Center at SUNY Oneonta (New York). His research interests include multimodal composition, somatic learning, scholarly communication, and information literacy. Chase has written and presented widely on many scholarly publishing topics. He spearheaded the development and eventual adoption of the Stony Brook University Open Access Policy, and lead the SUNY Oneonta Open Access Policy Team.
Open Praxis, Open Access: Digital Scholarship in Action—print/e-book Bundle
This specially priced bundle includes a print copy for desk reference along with the e-book version. The download link for this product can be found on the final confirmation screen after you complete your purchase, and may also be accessed from your Account Profile. For more information about ALA eEditions file types and how to view them on eReaders, desktop computers, and other devices, see this page.
- About the Authors
Many in the world of scholarship share the conviction that open access will be the engine of transformation leading to more culture, more research, more discovery, and more solutions to small and big problems. This collection brings together librarians, scholars, practitioners, policymakers, and thinkers to take measure of the open access movement. The editors meld critical essays, research, and case studies to offer an authoritative exploration of
- the concept of openness in scholarship, with an overview of how it is evolving in the US, Canada, Europe, and Asia;
- open access publishing, including funding models and the future of library science journals;
- the state of institutional repositories;
- Open Educational Resources (OER) at universities and a consortium, in subject areas ranging from literary studies to textbooks; and
- open science, open data, and a pilot data catalog for raising the visibility of protected data.
This landmark collection will help readers understand the open access movement, open data, open educational resources, open knowledge, and the opportunities for an open and transformed world they promise.