Claire Sewell is Research Support Skills Coordinator in the Office of Scholarly Communication at Cambridge University Library. She is a qualified CILIP Chartered librarian, Conference Coordinator for the SLA Europe Board and Associate Editor of the New Review of Academic Librarianship. She regularly contributes to the professional press including book reviews, commissioned case studies and opinion pieces and peer reviewed scholarly articles.
The No-nonsense Guide to Research Support and Scholarly Communication
This title will be available Spring 2020. You may place an order and the item will be shipped when it becomes available. Customers outside of North America (USA and Canada) should contact Facet Publishing for purchasing information.
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- scholarly communication, open research and the research lifecycle;
- research data management;
- open access;
- disseminating research;
- metrics and measuring impact including the Journal Impact Factor, H-Index, and Altmetrics;
- career paths in research support; and
- why and how library staff at all levels can get involved in the process of doing research and sharing their outputs.
2. Scholarly communication 101
3. Research data management
4. Open access
5. Disseminating research
6. Metrics and measuring impact
7. Career paths in research support
8. Getting involved in the scholarly communication process