G.G. Chowdhury is Professor in Information Science at iSchool@northumbria, and Head of the Department of Mathematics and Information Sciences at Northumbria University, UK.
Data and Information: Organization and Access
This title will be available Winter 2023. You may place an order and the item will be shipped when it becomes available. Customers outside of North America (USA and Canada) should contact Facet Publishing for purchasing information.
- About the Authors
This important new foundational textbook covers the theory, practice, research issues and contexts of information organization and interactive information retrieval.
Readers will learn about the key principles of information organization and retrieval along with the essentials of human information behaviour and information seeking and retrieval, and how to put them into practice. Data and Information will help readers develop creative, critical and reflective problem solving capabilities in the management of information and data and allow them to demonstrate advanced information and data management skills in diverse environments.
Topics covered include:
- structured and unstructured information resources;
- digital libraries web information;
- indexing techniques;
- information retrieval models;
- information interactions in specific domains and contexts;
- human information behaviour models;
- information seeking and retrieval models; and
- usability and evaluation of information retrieval systems.