Rebecca Brumley’s Public Library Manager’s Forms, Policies, and Procedures Handbook (Starred Review, Library Journal) revolutionized the way public libraries create their policy and procedures manual. Now Brumley brings her winning formula to the academic library with this invaluable collection of expertly vetted sample policies, forms, and procedures for the college or university environment.
This new handbook and CD-ROM package is divided into three parts -- Student and Faculty Services, Administrative Policies, and Collection Maintenance. Coverage includes:
• Borrowing policies for students, faculty, alumni, visiting researchers, and university staff
• Guidelines for interlibrary loan, reserves, holds, and recalls
• Procedures for reference staffing, services, and resource sharing
• Policies for computer workstation and Internet usage
• Administrative documents for facilities maintenance, fund raising, exhibits and displays and more
The companion CD-ROM reproduces all 600+ forms, procedures, and policies, which can be used as is or customized for a specific library. This time- and labor-saving tool will find great use in college and university libraries of all sizes.