6" x 9"
Year Published: 2013
AP Categories: A, B, C, D, G, H, Z
This title will be available Spring 2013. You may place an order and the item will be shipped when it becomes available.
Picture books can be portals to far-flung corners of the globe, and the books in this selected bibliography will help children’s imaginations soar. Identifying quality literature for children ages 3 to 8 that conveys a true sense of life outside America’s borders, this valuable resource highlights titles that librarians and educators can use to foster cross-cultural education. Organized by geographical location, facilitating book selection for multicultural studies and storytimes, this bibliography
- Focuses on books that display a strong cultural aspect that speaks clearly to life elsewhere
- Spotlights works created by authors and illustrators who are award-winning or well-known in their own countries
- Discusses how international books treat universal childhood themes and the cultural aesthetic that marks illustrations in books published in countries outside the U.S.
- Covers books in a variety of genres, from classics to more recent titles
- Includes thorough annotation to aid in collection development, plus multiple indexes for quick reference
Using the international picture books described in this resource, adults can help children see different cultures through the eyes of those cultures’ own citizens.