Customers outside of North America (USA and Canada) should contact Facet Publishing for purchasing information.
6" x 9"
Year Published: 2012
Read the Table of Contents and Chapter 1 of this book now!
In the midst of a technology revolution, information professionals must understand how the landscape has changed and how it is impacting information providers, creators, and users. This invaluable guide covers every aspect of the new digital information environment, including
- Key information trends in the last 15 years such as mass broadband
- The rise of grassroots information production in social media, open access publishing, and cloud computing
- How informal, digital methods of information distribution like RSS and webcasting are threatening traditional stakeholders like libraries, publishers, and newspapers
- How multiple new devices and formats have enabled information consumption at any time and in any place, sparking new behaviors such as information snacking
- The need for a new information literacy and the critical role of the information professional
Packed with international examples and insights on current trends, Information 2.0 is a landmark guide to the pivotal role of information professionals in this emerging landscape.
About the Author
Dr. Martin De Saulles is a principal lecturer at the University of Brighton, UK. He has worked in the information and technology sectors for 20 years as a researcher, analyst, entrepreneur, writer and academic.