Customers outside of North America (USA and Canada) should contact Facet Publishing for purchasing information.
6" x 9"
Year Published: 2017
This title will be available Winter 2017. You may place an order and the item will be shipped when it becomes available.
Metadata for Information Management and Retrieval has been fully revised by David Haynes to bring it up to date with new technology and standards. The new edition, containing new chapters on Metadata Standards and Encoding Schemes, assesses the current theory and practice of metadata and examines key developments in terms of both policy and technology. Coverage includes:
- an introduction to the concept of metadata;
- a description of the main components of metadata systems and standards;
- an overview of the scope of metadata and its applications;
- a description of typical information retrieval issues in corporate and research environments;
- a demonstration of ways in which metadata is used to improve retrieval;
- a look at ways in which metadata is used to manage information; and
- consideration of the role of metadata in information governance.
This book is essential reading for library and information students at undergraduate and postgraduate level and will also be useful reading for LIS professionals looking for an accessible introduction to metadata.