8.5 x 11
Published date: 2007-01-01
Music adds an extra special element to storytime programming. And Susan Dailey is a virtuoso at helping colleagues use music creatively. Sing a Song of Storytime is a compilation of musical storytimes she has used successfully. In addition to the music and lyrics, there are also annotated bibliographies of picture books related to music, along with tips on how to deliver these unique programs.
This new resource includes:
* 75+ songs, including traditional folk songs, new lyrics for familiar melodies, and original compositions
* Activities, including flannel-board patterns, crafts, motions, and dances paired to songs
* Popular children ’s books for use with the featured songs and music
* Helpful hints for non-singers
* A multimedia CD featuring music from the book, along with patterns, scripts, lyrics, and more
New and veteran librarians, preschool and early elementary teachers, as well as daycare workers and parents will find hundreds of great ideas in this book. You might want to consider buying one for our staff and one to circulate. Make sure this musical resource is part of our collection!