About the ALA Store
Welcome to the ALA Store!
Please note: If this is your first visit to the new ALA Store, you must create a new User Account to place an order. (Accounts from the previous ALA Store are no longer valid.)
ALA Editions publishes resources used worldwide by tens of thousands of library and information professionals to improve programs, build on best practices, develop leadership, and for personal professional development. ALA authors and developers are leaders in their fields, and their content is published in a growing range of print and electronic formats.
We encourage ideas and feedback on how we may better serve our members and customers. Please send comments to email@example.com.
ALA Graphics supports the ALA mission through the creation and distribution of quality products promoting libraries, literacy, lifelong learning, and reading. ALA Graphics develops products based on customer need, including products that support the key action areas of the Association: diversity, education and continued learning, equity of access, intellectual freedom, and 21st -century literacy. ALA Graphics is the unique source of the celebrity and character READ posters and related items. Additionally, ALA Graphics supports many ALA Divisions and Offices, including YALSA, ALSC, PIO, and OIF, through campaign partnerships that feature promotional materials for events such as Banned Books Week, National Library Week, Teen Read Week, Teen Tech Week, and Dia. ALA Graphics has established itself as the preferred source for promotional materials for librarians in all types of libraries, teachers, and other library and literacy advocates.
We encourage ideas and feedback on how we may better serve our members and customers. You can send comments, feedback, or suggestions of Celebrity READ posters or products that you'd like to see offered to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that ALA Graphics does not accept art submissions from outside sources. You can view our full product submission policy here.
The American Library Association develops many resources for the library and information services communities. Almost 300,000 of our products are purchased every year, and the proceeds help to support the ALA's general programs. The ALA Store features titles from ALA Editions, the general publishing operation of the Association, and ALA Graphics, the unit specializing in promotional products supporting libraries, literacy, and reading, as well as other products from around the Association. ALA Store purchases fund advocacy, awareness and accreditation programs for library professionals worldwide.
ALA Store Privacy Statement
- The American Library Association (ALA) Store requests personal information necessary to process your order, including your name, address, email address, phone number, and credit card or account information. We request your email address in order to confirm your order online. In addition, users have the option of requesting a print catalog or product-related email announcements. Your email address will not be shared with any non-ALA affiliated organization.
- Purchasers of products in the ALA Store become part of the customer list of the ALA Services department and may receive future catalogs or promotional material. Customers are free to opt out of any mailings by following the instructions in the ALA Store FAQ.
- The ALA Store uses third-party website reporting systems in order to help us track our sales and improve our site design. These systems use "cookies" which are small text files that are temporarily placed on your computer when you arrive at our site. No personally identifiable information is collected by these reporting systems. You can disable these tracking functions by setting your browser's privacy settings to "block all third-party cookies".
ALA has a satisfaction guaranteed policy and accepts returns on all physical products except videos, software, and CD-ROMs (unless they are defective). ALA does not accept returns on virtual products, such as digital downloads, eCourses, workshops, and eBooks. The exceptions are Domestic and International Distributors, Consignment and Special Sales; please contact customer service at 866-746-7252 for return policy details.
- All returns must be received within 30 days from the invoice date.
- Non-defective returned merchandise must be in undamaged, salable condition.
- Returns must be shipped prepaid by the customer and the shipping and handling fee for the original order will not be refunded unless the product was defective or it was sent to the customer in error.
- Credits will be applied to original invoice if possible and then to the oldest outstanding invoice (if any) unless we are notified in writing at time of receipt that credits are to be applied to another invoice.
Please include the following information on the invoice with your return to the distribution center:
- For each item shipped tell us if you want the item replaced or returned.
- Describe the reason for the return or replacement.
- eCourse: A customer can cancel their purchase up to 72-hours before the start of the eCourse by contacting customer service at 866-746-7252.
- Workshop: A customer can cancel their purchase up to 24-hours before the start of the workshop by contacting customer service at 866-746-7252.
Have a question? Check out our FAQ. If your question is not addressed there, please contact Customer Service who will be more than willing to assist.
American Library Association
PO Box 117219
Atlanta GA 31193-6239
Phone: 1-866-Shop ALA
ALA Editions | ALA Neal-Schuman
50 E. Huron
Chicago, IL 60611
phone: 800-545-2433, ext. 5052
ALA Graphics Marketing
50 E. Huron
Chicago, IL 60611
phone: 800-545-2433, ext. 5411